Date
Breast Cancer Ribbon

My eldest is engaged!

posted by:
Unknown

Wow! What a feeling, very mixed emotions! Hoping I find the right words to describe how I am feeling right now...

Happy...
Yesterday was the 26th birthday of my daughter's boyfriend for 5 years ( now fiancé ) so we had the usual happy birthday greetings by email and text message. My daughter and us were on facetime, then she excitedly showed us the ring! We were surprised and so happy for her, tears of joy!

Sentimental...
I could still remember how tiny she was when she was born, little head full of hair. Oh, how she loves to listen every morning to her tape of nursery rhymes. At eleven months she could already not only walk but run tiptoeing. Her feet were so tiny i couldn't find walking shoes that will fit her. At one and a half years old she could recite her favorite nursery rhyme 'twinkle twinkle little star'. At age two, she loved attending a preschool near my office. She got the most observant student award! As a toddler, she was always prim and proper, never messed around. Never a dull moment, always absorbing learnings around her. When she started having baby sisters, she was a perfect 'Ate', very patiently teaching her sisters.

Eversince i can remember, she loved dancing, tumbling, and always perfecting whatever she does. She has such dexterity and patience and a natural leader. In Grade school, High school and College, she was always captain of her team.

Overwhelmed.....
I have ongoing treatments until February. I still have to recover my hair, my strength, myself. So many things to plan, to look forward to. I can not afford anymore not to get well fast. Excited about every little thing for the wedding. The Dad can not contain himself. This is a first time! We don't know much what to do. A true blessing, the fiancè is the fourth child and youngest son.

A little sad...
Because i was not able to hug my baby while she had tears of joy during the proposal. I missed a special event in her life. I also missed my favorite caramel cake where the proposal was written, yummy!!

Proud...
I have raised a very responsible lady aside from being intelligent, loving and dedicated. When I was diagnosed and was at a loss already, she and her sisters have risen up to the occasion and took control. They took care of me especially after my mastectomy. They lovingly cooked for me, made sure i have my medicines. My daughters literally took care of me, their mom!!! I couldn't ask for more. God is good.

hr

2 Responses to “My eldest is engaged!”

  1. Unknown says:

    I'm so happy for your daughter and of course, for you. Keep the faith. We are praying for you and your family.

  2. Taritz says:

    Congratulations!I am so happy for you my friend and classmate! You have a lot of things going on...but you are winning each battle gracefully...We have so much to talk about...I wish we can both find the time...I will keep praying for you...

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.