Date
Breast Cancer Ribbon

Flashback 03 : Recovery period after MRM

posted by:
Unknown

After my surgery, that was when all kinds of emotions came crushing in on me. My left hand was so painful and weak but i needed to push raising it up so i wouldn't suffer from frozen shoulder. My left breast area was so numbed.

During the recovery period i had the chance to go to healing masses and lots of pray overs from all my good friends and neighbors. It really felt so good seeing concerned people by your side.

So many questions entered my mind, why, why,, why??? Only time will tell, i just need to trust God Almighty!!

That was the period wherein my adult daughters and my husband researched and assessed my options. They helped analyse everything. We consulted about four oncologists and all were recommending the same adjuvant chemotheraphy treatment. It was a family decision that i have my chemo treatments in Macau. I could be with my sons and husband. My daughters will be with me, one of them at a time, as my two graduate daughters need to manage our businesses in the Philippines and my third daughter will need to continue college in Ateneo.

God has blessed me with so many friends, who came forward to share with me their time, messages, texts and unending prayers especially during my distressed times. I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart.

I had to decide to change my diet. From soft drinks to natural juices, from meats to fish and vegetables, plenty of fruits. Healthy supplements and vitamins to help my immune system.

Was given six weeks to assess and decide and after everything considered my family and i decided that i go thru the chemotheraphy treatments 4 AC every 21 days then 4 TAX every 21 days. It was not an easy decision but we all would want to increase my chance of survival and we consider science as also a gift from God our creator....



hr

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.