Date
Breast Cancer Ribbon

6th Chemo

posted by:
Unknown




Today I came in 19 mins. late for my doctors appointment so when I checked in, I was already no. 12 instead of no. 3. Everything was pushed later so my chemo was done at 2 pm already.

First, they gave me an injection, then the dextrose where they put in 3 meds then the taxotere. As in the first taxotere session, I also was feeling drowsy and dizzy during the infusion. Blood pressure was monitored on my left foot.

I was dropped off and picked up by my husband and I went through it all by myself. In the waiting area, the social worker who doesn't speak English was worried for me that all she could give me is a phone number to call should I need to talk to someone. Anyway, everything went well and was picked up at 230pm.

I was quite brave to do it by myself. All I have with me are prayers and well wishes from my family and friends.

Today, I was able to ask my onco about the next radiation therapy schedule as we were planning to go home for the Chinese New Year holidays. I found out that I still can not travel until after at the most ten weeks, at the least 8 weeks after my last chemo on January 5. It will be a five days a week treatment schedule for 5 to 7 weeks starting after 2 to 3 weeks from my last chemo.

After that radiation therapy, I will be taking 5 years of tamoxifen. Wow what an overwhelming schedule!!!

Well I would just need to take things one day at a time. Lifting up to God my whole well being.

hr

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.