Date
Breast Cancer Ribbon

Day 5 confinement

posted by:
Unknown

From midnight i can not eat or drink anything anymore in preparation for my blood tests this morning. If my WBC has gone high enough then i could go home.

My nurse checked on me and reminded me about the 'nothing by mouth after 12mn' then asked me if i still have the headache. She was happy when i said my headache maybe almost gone. The aide even had to get my water containers to make sure i don't drink. Part of the aide's routine is making sure, i have warm water in my pitcher and hot water in my thermos aside from giving me bath, giving me lunch, giving me warm milk and crackers etc...

When i think of how passionate the aides and the nurses are on their duties i am so deeply touched. How can they take care of me? I am not their family? Who am I? I have done nothing to deserve it? I even find them thoughtful, although it's actually their job.

I am sure they will be the first to be very happy if my blood test will pass. I owe it to my doctors, my nurses and all the aides in this cancer department (UA).

Even as i was feeling very bad all these times, they did their job so well. Of course it will be my aspiration that i don't get confined again soon but knowing how the department cares is enough assurance they are just here in case.

Let's see results later...

hr

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.