Date
Breast Cancer Ribbon

Day 2 confinement

posted by:
Unknown

I am getting better, my last fever was at 3am and no more recurrence today except some headache where i call the nurse to give me painkillers.

My 2nd daughter has to fly back to PI. The hospital does not allow companions to stay overnight. They designed the UA ( for cancer patients ) rooms such that the patient only can stay. They are strict on visiting hours which is from 1pm to 4pm and 6pm to 8pm. They don't allow small children around. It seems ok for me since i needed all the rest and sleep. Also i needed to be isolated while i fight the infections. I think the antibiotics (injected thru IV with quite painful infusion) are working since i don't have fever anymore. Now they are injecting something to help my WBC count go up. My onco said they will have blood tests taken on monday to see if i can go home. He said " we have to keep you safe ".

I believed him. He is Godsent! Knowing he does not do these things for a fee. The government here in Macau covers everything. He receives salary from the government and does his work because he just wants to help people. The way he explains to residents his instructions shows the dignity of being an experienced doctor.

The doctors and the nurses, the aides and the cleaners, they all try to do their best in their job. The nurse even lent me her cellphone so i can call my family when i was taken to the room and gave me visiting hours time schedule which i didnt mind because i thought family are not visitors. The aides keeps talking to me in cantonese maybe just trying to cheer me up. The cleaner who luckily is a filipina became my instant interpreter towards the aides and my guide. I think i should practice my cantonese now.

Prayers are working because everything in this hospital are blessings! Thank you to all my family and friends and to God almighty!

hr

2 Responses to “Day 2 confinement”

  1. Unknown says:

    So glad to hear you're better now, mom!

  2. Anonymous says:

    Will pray for your quick recovery. Take care. - Ricky Yang

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.